Broadway House is "open house" to the over 60's - both resident and visitors to Felixstowe. It is not a Club, so you don't have to "join" or pay a membership fee, to be able to come in. It is provided as a haven for over 60's to rest, have some tea/coffee or other light refreshments, meet or make new friends, use our Wi-Fi facility or just sit quietly in the company of others. Come by yourself or with someone else and stay for a few minutes or a few hours.
WE DO NOT PROVIDE ANY MEDICAL OR RESPITE CARE SERVICES
We have tried to create the atmosphere of a friendly and welcoming lounge - so we don't put on organised activities. But you're welcome to play cards, Scrabble and other table-top games, bring your knitting or craft-work and the like.
Teas coffee and other refreshments are available - but again no pressure to buy anything and because we don't sell "food" (apart from biscuits and a few other things) we have no objection to visitors bringing in their own sandwiches or other things to eat. (But please no strong smelling items).
Broadway House is situated close to the shops and bus stops in the town centre. The actual address is Broadway House, Orwell Road, Felixstowe IP11 7DD
Opening times -
Monday to Friday 10am to 4pm and Saturday mornings 9.30am to 12.30pm (lunchtime)
Just a few simple "house rules" (on display inside)-
1. Broadway House is exclusively for the use of people over the age of 60 years
2. All visitors must be able to look after themselves e.g. get to and from the toilet without assistance.
3. No smoking in any part of the building
4. Guide dogs only permitted
5. In the event of a fire alarm, visitors must leave the building as quickly as possible and either assemble outside Diamond Mills Auction rooms until told that it is safe to re-enter the building or disperse and leave the vicinity of the building
6. All visitors must respect and give due consideration to the volunteers, other visitors and the furnishings and fittings provided in Broadway House.
NEWS - Copies of the new edition of the Suffolk Care Service Directory are now available on our bookstall or CLICK HERE.
Toilets including DDA compliant - see photograph
Kitchen - see photographs