The Senior Citizens Centre is "open house" to the over 60's - both resident and visitors to Felixstowe. It is not a Club, so you don't have to "join" or pay a membership fee, to be able to come in. It is provided as a haven for Senior Citizens to rest, have some tea/coffee or other light refreshments, meet or make new friends, use our Wi-Fi facility or just sit quietly in the company of others. Come by yourself or with someone else and stay for a few minutes or a few hours.
WE DO NOT PROVIDE ANY MEDICAL OR RESPITE CARE SERVICES
We have tried to create the atmosphere of a friendly and welcoming lounge - so no organised activities.
The Centre was closed for a few days in August this year, to be redecorated and have a new carpet fitted. It was good before, but looks even better now, as you can see from the following photographs -
BEFORE August 2018
Teas coffee and other refreshments are available - but again no pressure to buy anything and because we don't sell "food" (apart from biscuits and a few other things) we have no objection to visitors bringing in their own sandwiches or other things to eat. (But please no strong smelling items).
The Centre is situated close to the shops and bus stops in the town centre. The actual address of the Centre is - Senior Citizens Centre, Broadway House, Orwell Road, Felixstowe IP11 7DD
Just a few simple "house rules" on display in the Centre -
1. The Centre is exclusively for the use of people over the age of 60 years
2. All visitors must be able to look after themselves e.g. get to and from the toilet without assistance.
3. No smoking in any part of the Centre
4. Guide dogs only permitted
5. In the event of a fire alarm, visitors must leave the Centre as quickly as possible and either assemble outside Diamond Mills Auction rooms until told that it is safe to re-enter the building or disperse and leave the vicinity of the Centre.
6. All visitors must respect and give due consideration to the volunteers, other visitors and the furnishings and fittings provided in the Centre.
NEWS - Copies of the new edition of the Suffolk Care Service Directory are now available from the Senior Citizens Centre.
Toilets including DDA compliant - see photograph
Kitchen - see photographs